Friday, September 11, 2009

The office is HOT! And so are smart phones!

TGIF! It is FRIDAY!
And what better way to celebrate a Friday than having NO AIR CONDITIONING in the office.
(For the second time this week.)
And since it's cas' (aka - casual) Friday, my jeans are clinging to my legs for dear life!
Who wants to write a press release in an 800 degree office? NOT THIS INTERN!
But even though it is HOT AS BLAZES, this ridiculous escapade with the AC brings me to my first tip:
ASK INTERN ALICE TIP 1
Even though you are an intern and you're probably unpaid, I suggest you get a mobile device that allows emails to come directly to your phone.
Why, you ask, my little internees?
Because then you would have received the email of the broken AC before you arrived at the office, and you would have chosen something different to wear.
At least I would have.
In actuality, receiving emails on your phone keeps you up-to-date with the office on the days you are not there. If you're like me, I only attend my internship 3 days a week. So if a meeting gets scheduled or something happens in the office, I am notified immediately.
ALSO!
Your bosses will be impressed that you're staying in touch with the office at all times!
Say, for instance, you miss a meeting and they send out a recap email. Your boss will be so IMPRESSED when you know everything that happened during that meeting you missed! Because you received that email on your phone.
Your cool points, definitely, just went up.
GO YOU!
I know you want smart phones now, my little interns!
Viola!
Interested in a Blackberry? Click here.
How about an iPhone? You can find them here.
And for the cheapest plan, check this out!
As for me, the office has officially went from hot to sweltering OVEN.
So my cubicle + filling these envelopes with invitations to an event = one sweaty job. Boo.
You think an office with AC is bad? Check out these other funny stories from interns.

No comments:

Post a Comment