Sunday, October 4, 2009

The Tardy Intern: "I'm late for a very important date!"

And hello my dearest internees.

So. When it comes to your internship, you always want to look, act and do your best.
This includes: SHOWING UP TO WORK ON TIME.

My middle school band teacher always used to say, "To be five minutes early is on time, to be on time is to be late."

Unfortunately, he is, even thought I don't want to admit it, right.

Being on time for your internship is key! Be sure to make sure when you FIRST receive your internship that you calculate the amount of time it will take you to get where ever you may be going. Use good ole' MapQuest if you're in need of someone to calculate for you!
Also, be aware of traffic!
I drive pretty far to get to my internship and often get stuck in traffic on the busiest highway. It is terrible because I am constantly calling or emailing them to tell the office that I am running late.
HOWEVER, this does not mean it's okay.
Internees, I am an example of a big no-no. No matter how long I've been a part of the PR firm/internship, it's still my responsibility to show up on time.
Check out this article by AIGA - The Professional Association for Design.
The number one item mentioned under the "good intern" category? BEING ON TIME!

Take my advice. Show up on time for you internship. It proves you're reliable and responsible.
Your internship is your important date, so don't be late!

Happy interning!
Love, Alice

No comments:

Post a Comment